Calendar of Events
Are you having trouble submitting your event below? Email us at [email protected]
The 24th World Congress on Medical Law and Bioethics (www.wcml2018.com) will take place in Tel Aviv from 2-5 September 2018. The main themes of the Congress are Ethical and Legal aspects of Forensic Medicine, Mental Health, Humanitarian Medicine, Health Professions, Ageing and Public Health.
Participants are also encourages to submit their papers to The Davies Awards competition (on the Rights to Health, Old Age, Gerontology, Law and Ethics and Public Health, Law and Ethics) or to the young Scholars competition (under 36 years).
The American Society for Bioethics and Humanities’ Annual Conference connects individuals and groups across many disciplines, all with interest in clinical and academic bioethics and health-related humanities. The conference provides a platform for presenting new ideas, debate, discussion, learning and networking with other professionals in related fields.
After participating in this meeting, attendees should be able to:
- Discuss emerging issues in bioethics and the medical humanities
- Discuss and apply recent research findings related to bioethics and the medical humanities
- Reflect on the issues related to the future and uncertainty in bioethics and the medical humanities
Session topics include:
- Clinical ethics and clinical ethics consultation
- Religion, culture and social sciences
- Arts and literature
- Philosophy and history
- Research ethics and empirical research
- Law, public health policy, organizational ethics
- Education and inter-professional studies
- Diversity, disparity and inclusion
The UNESCO Chair in Bioethics (Haifa) will hold the World Conference in Jerusalem during November 27-29, 2018. The aim of the Conference is to serve as an international platform for the exchange of knowledge and ideas.
The Conference will be held in collaboration with the World Medical Association, the World Federation for Medical Education, the International Federation of Medical Students Associations, and other leading organizations. The Heads and the members of more than 170 Units of the Chair from all over the world will attend the Conference. Hundreds of experts from various disciplines are expected to join them and enrich the scientific program.