Fellowship Opportunity: Clinical Ethics Fellow in Pediatric and Adult Medicine at Children’s of Minnesota
April 7, 2017
Children’s of Minnesota is excited to announce our new Bioethics Fellowship program and are seeking our first Fellow. This is an amazing opportunity to train with the best in a fully integrated Ethics program at a leading Children’s Hospital.
Clinical ethics training involves developing the ability to effectively provide consultation on serious, sensitive, complex, and/or health-related matters effecting children and adults, while working as a contributing member of the healthcare team.
The successful candidate would be expected to become knowledgeable in pediatric and adult clinical ethics issues such as the role of ethics committees, ethics consultations, futility and moral distress, end-of-life decisions, research ethics, etc.
The training program will consist of 24 months of rotations divided between Pediatric and Adult inpatient healthcare facilities. The fellowship will consist of:
- Rounding – follow for 4 months; solo for 5 months
- Attending all ethics committees and subcommittee meetings
- Staff meeting participation
- Shadow on consultation, possible supervised consults
- Scholarly project with 2 articles submitted to professional journals; 1 each year
PhD, MD or Terminal degree in Social Work, Nursing, Public Health, Psychiatry, Bioethics, Philosophy or related area.
- Able to attain Children’s ethics credentials
- License/Certification/Registration required?No
- Education Terminal degree in a related area
- Strong background in Clinical Ethics and/or Ethics Consultations
- Effective communication with children and families/caregivers
- Effective verbal and written communication with other healthcare professionals in a primary hospital and specialty pediatric care setting.
- Appreciation of appropriate skills mix for ethics consultations in children of different ages, abilities, and social and educational needs
Please apply through the Children’s Minnesota Career site: childrensmn.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1702709M&tz=GMT-05%3A00
TO BE CONSIDERED APPLICATIONS MUST HAVE A CURRENT CV, COVER LETTER, & A WRITING SAMPLE OF PAST WORK.
Nneka O. Sederstrom, PhD, MPH, MA, FCCP, FCCM
Clinical Ethics Department
Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
2525 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404